Case Study – Providing Vital Network & IT Infrastructure for IPG
5 June 2023
ICT Solutions have recently completed the installation of major network and IT infrastructure for the new Widnes base for international packaging company, Intertape Polymer Group.
With headquarters in Sarasota, Florida, IPG is a global provider of packaging and protective solutions across a diversified set of geographies and end-markets. The company develops, manufactures, and sells a variety of solutions including paper and film-based pressure-sensitive and water-activated tapes, stretch and shrink films, protective packaging, woven and non-woven products and packaging machinery.
The company had recently acquired 107,222 sq ft sheds at Liberty Park in Widnes and required a partner to provide full support on a large scale.
Our qualified team provided a turnkey solution for the company’s expansion and provided a range of services to ensure the new office and warehouse space were up to scratch.
We provided the following services:
- Installation of 12 Core OM3 blown fibre around the warehouse perimeter
- 2000 Cat6A Data points
- 30 external and internal IndioVision enterprise CCTV system monitoring security and warehouse production lines
- door access control system for security, linked to fire alarm system and linked to clocking in terminals, which then links to time recording for payroll
- Installation of fibre leased lines in redundancy failover
- Cisco Meraki firewalls, switches and access points
- Installation of Servers, SAN (Storage Attached Network)
- 8 virtual machines along with 30 desktops.
This was all installed, provisioned and attached the core network in the US.
The project to open the new warehouse in the UK, with Head Office space took 4 months to complete.
It was completed by ICT Solutions on time and on budget.
ICT Solutions are now supporting with IT moving forward, working with staff both onsite and IT staff based in the US, as the site and operations evolve.